Happy Saturday, curious readers!
I can't believe it, but my first newsletter & blog ever is out in the world!
You're one of the very first humans reading it.
It took me over 45 years to finally launch it, but better late than never, right? I know many women, myself included, struggle with imposter syndrome. But by sharing my learning journey of becoming future-ready trough my own experiments and how to gain visibility, I hope to help you overcome it more quickly and inspire you to do the same.
Today, I want to share with you
How I use ChatGPT like my magic AI wand, turning my creative ideas into tangible results with blazing speed
It's like having an AI sidekick who can turn my wildest dreams into reality! But be careful, GPT is a rabbit hole you'll never want to escape from until the orange threatened message pops up, getting you back in reality:
ChatGPT has taken the world by storm and completely transformed my approach to work. At first, I was skeptical, but now I'd pay $20 a month for priority access in a heartbeat. With ChatGPT, I'm on AI steroids, my creative ideas are transformed into actionable results at lightning speed, leading to increased visibility and success in both my personal and professional life.
The challenge: The vastness of information on the Internet can make it difficult to know where to begin with ChatGPT. But with determination to conquer information overload and an open, curious mindset, the full potential of ChatGPT can be unlocked. I took the plunge and started experimenting.
- Get inspired by seeing how others are using ChatGPT (⏱️ approx 1h)
- Jot down "prompts" that resonate with you, such as "act as" or "organize information in columns" (⏱️ 30 Min)
- Ask yourself, what repetitive tasks consume time and energy in your job (⏱️ 30 Min)
- Experiment and keep a record of your findings and continue to learn (🐰 ⏱️ ⏱️ ⏱️ attention: time rabbit hole!).
- ChatGPT scouts for me the Internet for information on my client’s industries in seconds - it’s like having my brainstorming buddy at my fingertip.
- It’s like having my personal research assistant for no costs.
- In less than five minutes, I can comprehensively understand the industry’s challenges, the latest trends, technologies, and startups.
My ChatGPT Learnings:
- It's a great starting point for developing potential business ideas for my clients.
- It's a fantastic tool that can boost my creativity and productivity
- It is only as human as human you are (yeah ;-)
- Is fun to use, be careful not going down a rabbit hole
Let's dive deeper:
☕️ Grab a coffee, a notebook and your laptop. Ready?
1. Get Inspiration:
This is how you can start to get curious about the topcic:
- Watch a ChatGPT Udemy beginners course to understand possible use cases, write down interesting "prompts"
What tasks take up most of my time and energy daily, and how can ChatGPT help me automate or outsource them? And most importantly, how can ChatGPT make my work smarter, not harder?
I quickly realized that my “research” process needed “automated love” because it’s an essential first step in each of my client’s projects (which I don’t want to outsource) but takes so much time out of my day.
Step 1: ChatGPT, my Brainstorm Buddy
I give the AI tool a general theme, like “Future of food” or “Future of supply chain, logistics, and mobility,” and it helps me quickly understand the significant challenges of my client’s industry.
I’ll give ChatGPT prompts like
“Act as an [expert] and generate a list of the ten biggest challenges facing the [industry/department] today” or “Dive deeper into the specific [problem Nr. x] facing the [industry/department] and brainstorming potential subproblems.”
And here is an example for HR:
ChatGPT scouts for me the Internet for information on my client’s industries in seconds - it’s like having my brainstorming buddy at my fingertip.
It helps me organize my thoughts. If you like, you can go now even deeper into one of the problems and let ChatGPT come up with subproblems.
Step 2: ChatGPT, my Research Assistant
When researching for my clients, time is of the essence.
That’s when I ask ChatGPT to help me out. After grasping the specific challenges, my client’s industry faces, I use the AI chatbot as my research assistant to generate a list of possible technology solutions.
I give ChatGPT specific prompts like...
“What are the latest trends and technologies in [industry]?”
It's like having my personal research assistant at no cost
I’ve got a list of technologies that could help my client’s business in no time. It’s a game-changer, and it would take me way longer with Google Search or using my human brain.
Step 3: ChatGPT, my Startup Scout
ChatGPT helps me now generate a list of startups in a specific industry.
Now, the AI tool can only provide information until 2021, and sometimes the startups even may no longer exist. But it still saves me a ton of time and effort because I can focus on fine-tuning and editing the information provided instead of starting from scratch.
To get the best results, I give ChatGPT-specific prompts like
“What are the most promising startups in [industry]?”
Then, I ask for information such as the website URL, founding date, headquarters, and a one-sentence description of each startup. And I added the prompt at the end:
"Please add the information into columns"
In less than five minutes, I can comprehensively understand the industry’s challenges, the latest trends, technologies, and startups.
Plus, it’s a great starting point for developing potential business ideas for my clients.
Step 4: ChatGPT, my Idea Wizard
But it’s not just about coming up with ideas; my AI buddy and I also brainstorm the perfect name and a one-liner pitch that’ll make them say, “wow, that’s genius!” It’s like a little game we play, and I can’t wait to show you the results here:
ChatGPT and I cook up together startup ideas.
So what I learned over the last weeks:
ChatGPT is a fantastic tool that can boost my creativity and productivit
ChatGPT is only as human as human you are
- You must provide clear and concise prompts and do additional work to review, refine, and edit the content. It’s a great starting point but not the final outcome.
- It will often fail on its first try, so don't give up, try other prompts
- So far, it knows only things past mid 2021 but gets better every day. It was trained on a diverse range of diverse text sources such as books, articles, websites, and social media platforms
- Additionally, you can maximize its creativity by “warming it up” with information and by using the same chat repeatedly. However, remember that the same question asked twice may yield entirely different answers.
- And, be mindful that ChatGPT is a “Bullshitter”; it is convincing, even when wrong. That’s why it’s essential to use your brain and expertise to review the information provided.
- Like other AI-tools out there, watch out for cultural bias
ChatGPT is fun to use, be careful not going down a rabbit hole
Avoid getting lost in endless exploration with ChatGPT's fun and engaging interface .
👎🏼 So now, it's your turn:
I’m excited to hear how you plan to use ChatGPT to work smarter, not harder.
You can ask yourself:
- What daily tasks are annoying, repetitive but important at my work?
- Writing convincing sales emails?
- Producing sassy social media templates?
- Coming up with customer feedback surveys?
- Or writing the latest job descriptions?
- Or do you want to overcome your writer's block
- create a love letter or kids bed story?
See you next Saturday
Love from Venice Beach
P.S. This is the AI story my 5 year old girl came up using ChatGPT prompts for their storytime. Ready for a princess and mischievious cat called Cookie?
Once upon a time, in a far-off kingdom, there lived a beautiful princess named Sarah. She had a pet cat named Cookies, who was as playful as he was mischievous.
One day, Cookies decided to go on a five-day streak of naughtiness, causing all sorts of trouble throughout the castle. But on the fifth day, he took things too far and tried to bite the princess.
Just in the nick of time, the princess's trusty steed, Io, came to her rescue and whisked her away to safety.
When the king and queen heard what had happened, they scolded Cookies and banished him from the castle until the weekend. They wanted to have a nice cat in the castle, not a naughty one.
Sarah returned to the castle with Io and was greeted with a surprise water party, everyone sprayed water to celebrate her safe return. The princess had a great time, and Cookies learned his lesson about being naughty. From then on, he was the best-behaved cat in the kingdom.